Wedding!!! and now.







The wedding was the best day of our lives. We talk about it almost every day, still. There is nothing sweeter than being surrounded by nature, people we love, good food, amazing blue skies, and our families to celebrate what else, but Love itself. I heard that there wasn't a dry eye in the crowd, or up front since Aaron was one big tearfest. (I accredited his tears to not crying enough in movies, like I always do). Anyway, it was beautiful, and everything went swimmingly! There were no mishaps, or big problems besides starting very very late (but are we ever on time anyway?), and a few people getting stung by yellow jackets.

And before we knew it, it was all over! All of this planning and visioning and preparation for this moment, and poof-we were now man and wife! No matter how many times we said it afterwards, in the car, at the gas station, at Cracker Barrel where I had some mac 'n cheese, I could not believe that I was now "Mrs. Meyer", Aaron's wife. It still makes me giggle.

I always hear every bride say that her wedding is like a blur, but I remember taking in each moment and thinking, This is better than any dream! The soundtrack carried us all into esctacy and when we ran through the bubble-filled line of loved ones, I thought, surely this must be a dream!

Anyway, now we're married, back in temporary real life of packing, sorting things, moving out of our houses, making endless trips to the Samaritan Center, and trying to peddle our stuff onto our poor friends (not that they're impoverished, but because i feel sorry for them putting up with our obnoxious antics of stuff-peddling). We're almost ready to leave, and are trying to strategize each and every item to pack into 2 50-lb suitcases a piece, and 1 guitar case.

10 days, and we're outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment