Shooting up the town


Some of you may not know that I'm attempting to become a photographer. As frustrating as it can be to start a business in this economy, I've been having the feeling (well, really for most of my life), that I would not want to work for anyone else but myself. In an attempt to get there, I'll be launching the first part of my business, Rika Fotografia, in the beginning of 2011. So in preparation for that leap, I've been shooting local families, seniors, and friends for discounted rates to build my local portfolio. And holy cow! I haven't done that many family portraits before! It's a new and super fun challenge! So watch and listen for news of my mobile studio. Because, hey! I studied photography in college, dang it! It's about time I really used it! I'm not just one of those people who has a camera and newly discovered this art after taking lots of pictures of her dog and got inspired. Okay, I'm climbing off my soap box. (no offense to all you newly inspired photographers). Anywho, I've always loved shooting people most of all and hope to do it forever! Here's a preview of what's been happening-more to come!

From Portfolio


From Portfolio


From Portfolio



From Portfolio


From Portfolio


From Portfolio


From Portfolio


From Portfolio


From Portfolio

4 comments:

RJ said...

wooo! good luck in the business! im glad youre doing it.

Rick said...

Hey Rika, I would love to have you practice on our family! Are you going to be around anytime in the next month or two? Getting good pictures of our crew would definitely give you practice on dealing with active little boys. Debbie Nelson

Heather said...

Hey there,

Those Schlotthauers are my peeps. Wonderful people. My name is Heather. My boyfriend, Jeremy, and I have been following your blog since you got married and went to Taiwan. We emailed Aaron and haven't gotten around to calling him with our specific questions. Might you two be available sometime in the next two weeks?

monika said...

Fun fun Rika! YOU GO GIRL! I love the maternity photo. :)

Post a Comment